Sunday, August 8, 2010

Thrift Store Fun

Have you ever had a week that just seemed plain crazy? Well I totally did and the perk of the week was we decided to adopt a 10 month old puppy named Jack, he's a black Golden Doodle, hmm... that sounds like a color identity crisis. Anyways, he's quite large and when he jumps up on me his paws reach my shoulders and when I say paws I mean hooves. Yes, he's in need of some training reinforcement as he settles into our family. He's the sweetest thing ever and loves attention, his favorite look is walking around with his tongue hanging out. Gotta love it!


Happy, messy Jack (hey, he looks little here!)

So in addition to work and family, I did a little thrifting around this week. I sooo love the treasure hunt! Now, don't get me wrong, it's not always a treasure trove of finds each time I go.


umm ok

Now I don't particularly think a Marvin the Martian cutting board is decor worthy for me personally.


You may question the sanity of the store management... Things that make you go hhmmmm???


A flask bagged with a weekly pill holder for pill taking in a flash! :)

Now remember, when you go thrifting to think creative, outside the box, and keep an open mind.

These lovely canisters were 1/2 off that day and would have been just under $4 for the set! Can you visualize clean, white, crisp ceramic jars atop your counter? Cute, crisp and cheaply priced. :)

This pic isn't very good, they are brand NEW Martini Glasses from ZGallerie, regularly priced over $30+, here under $10 NEW. Although, not my thing, it is a great find if you love Martinis. :)

I know, it takes your breath away doesn't it? No, not really, haha, but it will when I'm done with it! This $3 oldie is semi fallin' to pieces when ya get up close and personal. She will get a major over haul for my daughter's room. If you have spray paint and fabric it can be done. :) Look for Desk Chair updates coming soon. Recycle, recycle, recycle. 

This adorable $3 foot stool is in perfect condition and looked brand new.


Isn't this $2 sham adorable? I'm thinking of all sorts of potential projects with it and hey, there's a twin! :) The cute $2 fabric curtain behind it will make great throw pillows soon. I love thrift shopping and letting my creativity run wild! So many ideas, so little time! 

Happy Thrifting~ xoox Julie





5 comments:

  1. I really like your blog and your new puppy! I used to spend a lot of time thrifting, seeing all the treaures you found gives me new inspiration, thanks! I will check back to see how you transform that chair :). It looks like a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I LOVE to make up my own words too! It is a unique talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all those lovely thrifties!!! I just found some similar canisters at my thrift store, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvin is not my thing either. I can't wait to see the chair makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like this post a lot. Wish I had a few friends like you to go shopping with. Nobody around me seems to get how fun recycling, redoing, and repurposing can be. Why spend the money even if you have it, when you can make it yourself and be totally unique. Love that!!

    ReplyDelete