Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tips for Turning a Closet into a Home Office


We all have space for a home office, we just don't realize it yet.  Do you have a seriously junky closet full of stuff you don't really use or could store elsewhere?
Before    Story Credit


After
In this demo from Country Living they have removed the chunky shelving and put up fantabulous wallpaper. :) Added floating shelves has given it a cleaner, more open look in the closet/office. The filing cabinets were black and spray painted with the color Catalina Mist (love my spray paint!) and a prefab top was added.

I lovvve this color! xoxo
Pre-fab tops are easy to find at any Home Depot, Lowes or Container Store. They have painted the inner doors and added cork board on one side and peg board on the other.  Peg board can be purchased at Home Depot for about $20 and Cork board at Hobby Lobby or any craft type store for under $20.  The next step is having fun accessorizing! The great part is if you want to keep it out of reach of little ones or having guests over, just close the doors! 

Hope you feel inspired~
Julie xoxo













7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea ! Love that wallpaper .
    Thanks for your comment !
    Love//Lotta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! So inspiring. I'm so happy to have found it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Julie, this is a so great idea!!! I have loved your blog, filled with inspiring ideas. Thank you so much for your visit.
    greetings from Chile,
    maria cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, the color is fantastic. If only I had a closet big enough to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Aqua colored peg board... that whole space is fantastic... makes me want to convert a closet - but since I am so short on closet space as it is - I can't do that.... oh well, I am going to figure out where else I can put that fabulous pegboard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that closet! Hope you are having a perfect weekend! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete